Your home is a major investment. For most people, a home is the single largest investment they will make. While there are some things all homes have in common, there are also items that make each home unique.
You want to protect the investment you’ve made in your home, but you also want to make sure you have the right kind of insurance protection to meet the needs of your family and your home.
That is why it is essential to work with an independent insurance agency that offers personalized service, and product selection branded insurance agencies can’t provide.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
Home insurance protection offers coverage if your home is damaged by named events. The average policy provides coverage for the following types of “named damage.”
- Falling trees
- Power surges
- Damage from heavy ice or snow
- Objects crashing into your home
Some policies may offer coverage for more or fewer named events, but these are the general types of events your home insurance will cover. Damage from floods will require supplemental insurance protection in the form of a specific flood insurance policy.
A basic homeowners insurance policy provides some protection for the following:
- Repairing or rebuilding your home.
- Temporary living expenses while repairs are underway.
- Liability protection for lawsuits filed against you for injuries received on your property or damage done by your property (for instance if your tree falls on your neighbor’s car).
- Personal property (the possessions you own that were damaged or lost when your home was damaged or destroyed).
Additional Home Insurance Protection to Consider
Unfortunately, the coverage types mentioned above may not be enough for everyone. Since you as a homeowner are as unique as the home you own, it is critical to find an insurance agent that understands your challenges and will offer a specialized policy to meet your needs.
That might include coverage that goes beyond the scope of standard home insurance and includes specialized coverages like the following:
- Umbrella liability coverage, which offers protection beyond the limits of your general liability protection.
- Rider coverage that protects high-value items that would otherwise exhaust the limits of your basic personal property protection.
- Specialized damage protection for things like floods, earthquakes, land/mudslides, sinkholes, etc.
- Ordinance or law coverage that helps you bring your home up to current building ordinances if local laws require updates.
- Water backup and sump pump overflow, which offers protection as described.
- Other structures coverage. If you have a detached garage, workshop, shed, barn, etc. this is the type of protection you can’t afford to skip. It applies to structures on your property that are not attached to your home.
If you have special coverage and protection concerns, it is well worth having a conversation with an independent insurance agency, like Generazio Associates, Inc., about your coverage needs and options.
Why Buy Homeowners Insurance from Generazio Associates, Inc.?
Generazio Associates, Inc. has been serving the needs of New Jersey homeowners since 1971. Since then, we have been dedicated to providing outstanding counsel to area residents and business owners about their insurance needs.
We are an independent agency with access to the insurance products of multiple companies, so we can help you get the right coverage at the right price.
Contact us today at (973) 429-8100 with your homeowners insurance questions and to learn more about the coverage options we offer.