Whether you’re an owner-operator, a major carrier, or a private carrier, you need to have the right kind of commercial trucking insurance to protect your business, your financial interest, your drivers, and other people on the road.
From accidents to damaged cargo and more, it’s important to ensure your transportation insurance policy includes the right type of coverages to mitigate your risks.
With so many coverage options and types available for small fleets, mid-sized fleets, and large fleets, it can be challenging to know which commercial trucking insurance or semi-truck insurance is the right choice for you.
At Generazio Associates, Inc., we’re here to help.
Types of Insurance Protection Commercial Truckers Require
Commercial trucking companies require the right amount of insurance protection in order to cover liability and business needs. Among the top policies are the following:
- Commercial auto liability. You can’t leave the home base without this vital protection that is required by law in all 50 states.
- Physical damage insurance. This is essential insurance to help cover repairs related to physical damage to your trucks caused by weather, other drivers, animals, objects on the road, and more.
- Motor truck cargo insurance. To protect your organization from losses related to the theft of cargo, as well as damage or destruction of said cargo while in your care, motor truck cargo insurance is a must.
- General liability insurance. This covers business liability claims and is especially helpful if you have business property where people might become injured, have accidents, etc.
- Umbrella insurance. This type of insurance provides additional liability protection when you exceed the limits of other types of liability policies.
- Trucker pollution liability insurance. If your truck causes pollution in an accident, this is the type of policy you want to have in place to help cover the costs of cleaning up the contamination and any legal fees that may be involved.
You may need a select few or all of these types of coverages, plus others, to adequately protect your commercial trucking fleet. That is why it is always best to work with a reputable insurance agency to get the protection you need and discover ways you can save today and in the future while staying properly protected.
Things that Impact Truckers Insurance Insurance Costs
From the record of your drivers to the age of your trucks to the types of cargo your drivers deliver, there are many factors affecting your insurance premiums. These things also change the types of insurance products you’ll need for full, balanced coverage.
Some factors that might affect your commercial truck insurance costs include:
- The safety record of your company.
- Hazardous materials you may transport.
- Distances drivers travel on average routes.
- Recent accidents, thefts, or other claims.
Contact Us Today
At Generazio Associates, Inc., we can help you get the right types and amounts of coverage for your commercial trucking fleet.